I said something along the lines of "oh look what I found." I shook it and it sounded like it was pretty much full and I asked her what was in it. She said milk. She remembered. I didn't. I gave my kids a kiss goodnight and I was standing there with the bottle in my hand. For a reason I still don't know I pushed the button. Can you guess what happened?
Rotten milk shot (yes shot) out of the straw into my face. It went right into my eye (I was wearing my contacts still), my hair, my nose, and my shirt. It was awful and hysterical! The smell was horrific! My kids just sat there with this shocked expression until I started laughing. Then they laughed too. I went blindly into the shower and scrubbed off, all the while laughing. How absurd of a thing to happen? The smell was terrible and I had to go back and spray room freshener several times before it finally went away. But, you know what was good? The milk only got on me. How lucky was that? Imagine if it had gotten on some of their toys or if the straw had been pointed in another direction?
I had several other clumsy things happen yesterday, that I won't go into detail about. Yesterday was just a clumsy day. I don't usually have a very good sense of humor about my clumsiness. I generally get frustrated and angry. But, not yesterday I laughed. When I told my husband about it I laughed and told him I wished we had gotten it on camera. And as I am typing this I am still giggling.
So, by way of an amusing story comes a warning. If you use bottles like that for drinks other than water be careful and use caution because there may be contents under pressure. As for us? A new house rule of only water in our FUNtainer Bottle.