Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Product Review Tanors Silicone Baking Mats

I love baking.  I don't always have time to do it.  My kitchen is tiny, which doesn't lend itself to baking in general.  So, I am always looking for things that will make cooking or baking easier for me.  These mats are just the ticket.

Usually when I bake cookies I use a fresh sheet of foil for each batch.  I only have two cookie sheets and don't like having to wash them each time I use them.  I know fresh foil each time I use a cookie sheet it wasteful and not the best for the environment, but it's what I do.  When I got the opportunity to test these Tanors Silicone Baking Mats, I jumped at the chance.

You get two 16 5/8" x 11" mats on Amazon for $15.99, and free shipping if you have Amazon Prime!  They are non-stick, professional German grade, and FDA safe.  Plus, they do what they are supposed to, keep my cookies from sticking.  Tonight I made some oatmeal/oatmeal raisin cookies.  The only reason I used a spatula is because the cookies were still a bit hot and I didn't want to burn myself.  I didn't have to use any cooking spray, the mats do it on their own.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Oatmeal Cookies

I made both batches of cookies on the same mat, without having to wash it or anything.  There was no cookie residue, that I find when using foil.  Lets face it, I feel tons better now that I have cut down on my foil usage!


I received this item at little or no cost in exchange for my honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment