Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Ketogenic Diet-I Made it Through Day One!

Yesterday was my first day on the Ketogenic Diet!  I started to start on the 1st, you know; new year new me?  But, I had a migraine and didn't really prep; by prep I mean binging on carbs!  Because, that day I was like but I didn't drink a cup of milk yesterday and what about these crackers I got from Trader Joe's.  So, I postponed it until I felt better.

Having watched my husband on this diet for the past month or so makes it a bit easier.  I kind of know what it takes, but that doesn't make my willpower any stronger.   I have a really difficult time not snacking on chips, cookies, and other junk food.  Plus, the prospect of not eating dessert is a little frightening.  Haha.  I LOVE dessert!  But, with a family history of diabetes I need to get passed that.  I can do it, right?

I have found that snacking on macadamia nuts and peanuts works to curb my snacking tendencies, but I can't eat more than one serving at a time.  In fact, not more than a couple a day; depending on how many other carbs I have had.

What about you?  Are you trying to improve your health this year?  Are you on a Ketogenic Diet?  Another diet?  Let me know in the comments, I would love for you to share!


No comments:

Post a Comment